Lest We Forget
Five Reasons For The Fall of The Roman Empire by Gibbon
1. Rapid increase of divorce; undermining the dignity & security of the
home, which is the basis for human society.
2. Reoccurring increased taxation; spending public moneys for free bread &
circuses for the populace.
3. Rage ( mad craze ) for pleasure; sports becoming more exciting & brutal
4. Rearmament; military defense spending out of control when the real
enemy lay within; the decadence of the Roman people.
5. Religious decay; faith fading to form, losing touch with life and
becoming an impotent guide for people.
The world asks the question of Pilate, " What is truth? "
Jesus is the Answer " I am The way, The Truth, and The Life, no man goes
to the Father except through Me. " John 14:6
Two roads , One wide that leads to destruction; the other narrow which
leads to life.
I. The Origin: Road to Eternity: Where Mankind Once Was - Genesis 1:26-31
1. God views the world differently than we do " And behold it was very
2. God views people differently than we do also.
A. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
B. For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son. - John 3:16
3. God made people in His image.
A. God is Spirit - We are spirits living in a fleshly tabernacle.
B. God is Love - The foremost command to man is Love God, secondary love
our neighbors as ourselves.
C. God is Peace ( Jehovah-shalom ) - He expects us to be peacemakers
reconciling people to the Prince of Peace.
D. God is Light - Our primary responsibility is to be lights in the
darkness reflecting the Light of the World.
E. God is Life - He gives the abundant life here and the eternal life
hereafter. Is Christ living in you or have you resurrected the old you?
4. God made mankind, male and female created He him to be the Keepers of
5. If you are in Christ you are in service, His service. Keepers of
Eternity. Be in service when its convenient and when it isn't; in season
and out of season.
II. The Fall: Road To Death: What Mankind Became - Romans 1:18-32
1. Began with dishonor of God and ingratitude - Roams 1:21
2. Ends with degradation and death for practicers and enablers - Romans
3. Friction with promise - Galatians 5:19-26
A. Friction with man and God - 5:19-21
B. Fruit of Promise for Life - 5:22-26
4. Futility with Hope - Romans 8:22, 23
A. Creation groans as a woman in childbirth for Christ's return - 22
B. Return brings redemption and adoption - 23
C. Edenic conditions restored - Revelation 21:1-8
III. The Purpose: The Road To Freedom: What We Can Be - John 15:1-17
1. Abiding In The Source of Truth - How? 15:1-10
A. Abide in fruit bearing - stay involved - 15:5
B. Abide in prayer - stay in tune - 7
C. Abide in love - stay in touch - 9
D. Abide in obedience - stay connected - 10
2. Abiding In Jesus - Why? 15:11-17
A. He makes us to be filled with a joy like His joy -
B. He is not only our Saviour but our friend.
The road to freedom is narrow because it the only Road Is Jesus, the
Christ, the son of the Living God.
It is wide enough to include everyone who will trust Him alone for their
You don't have to be under wrath, Christ has paid the price of sin with
His own blood.
You can be free and on heaven's road. If the Son makes you free, you are
You can be under love today.
He will forgive your sin and give you the gift of the Holy Spirit - Acts
He will give you an earnest desire to reach out to those who do not know
He will set you free from sin and death.
Only trust Him.