The Purpose Driven Church
Class Assignment For
10-12-99 Black River Falls
10/13/99 - La Crosse
Read Acts 2:1-47; Meditate upon Acts 2:36-47
Read pages 11-71 in the text, The Purpose Driven Church by Rick Warren
Read the outline from Sermon notes of 10/3/99 Broadening Our View
Record any questions or insights that you deem important.
Ponder and be ready to discuss the following ideas:Suggestion: Read the questions that follow before you begin your reading assignment and record your first impressions as you find them in the text..
1. How is biblical church growth effected? Acts 2:41,47; 1 Corinthians 3:6; Colossians 2:19
2. What is keeping our church from growing?
3. Which practices in our assemblies are cultural ? .... biblical?
4. How is ministry more like a marathon than a hundred yard dash?
5. Is a church's health determined by it's seating capacity or it's sending capacity?
6. How does the statement " People don't care how much we know until they know how much we care. " reflect the first step of any evangelistic effort?
7.Does a church need their own building to grow?
8. What are the five facets of church growth described in the second chapter of Acts?
9. What is the true indicator of genuine growth?
10. In what way can quantity create quality in a congregation?
11. How can we be contemporary without compromising the truth?
12.What principle is taught by the following metaphors?
1 Corinthians 3:5-9; 3:10-13; Matthew 9:37,38; Romans 12:4-8; and Ephesians 4:16
13. What are " Rick's Rules of Growth? " ... what myth do they negate?
14. How are fruitfulness and faithfulness mutually inclusive for growth?
15. What can we learn from successful churches?